Discover New York City’s Most Decadent DessertsPublished: July 2nd, 2014
New York City has something for just about everyone and that applies to desserts too! Walk down any street and you’ll be overwhelmed by an infinite amount of delicious choices when it comes to sweet treats. Whenever you feel the need to indulge your sweet tooth, check out our extensive list of recommendations . Whether you’re a chocoholic or a cupcake connoisseur, this list has something for everyone…
- If you want dessert in a magical setting, visit the iconic and whimsical Serendipity 3 on the Upper East Side. Although they serve a full menu, most go for the “Frrrozen Hot Chocolate.” Be prepared to wait as this place is incredibly popular particularly with kids of all ages. 225 E. 60th between 2nd and 3rd avenue
- If rice pudding is your thing, don’t miss Rice to Riches in SoHo. We recommend the “Sex Drugs and Rocky Road” pudding personally! 37 Spring Street between Mott and Mulberry
- If you’re counting calories, try some goat’s milk soft serve at Victory Garden in the West Village. It’s just a few blocks away from Washington Square Park if you fancy a stroll after dessert. 31 Carmine Street between Bleecker and Bedford
- For our vegan guests, BabyCakes in the Lower East Side offers dairy free, egg free, soy free and gluten free confections. 248 Broome Street between Ludlow and Orchard
- The best banana pudding in town is at Magnolia Bakery and they have several convenient locations. Of course, cupcakes are fantastic here too. Grand Central, Rock Center, West Village, Upper West
- If you’re a dedicated chocolate lover we encourage you to venture out to Brooklyn for a factory tour at Mast Brothers. Grab a few bars to go as gifts for your friends back home! 111 N. 3rd Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. If you don’t feel like trekking to Brooklyn, head to Max Brenner in Union Square for an equally choco-centric experience! 841 Broadway between 13th and 14th
- Cheesecake is a big deal here so we won’t take sides on this one. We promise you won’t be disappointed by the slices at Junior’s Cheesecake or Eileen’s Special Cheesecake. Grand Central or Times Square for Junior’s and 17 Cleveland Place at Kenmare Street for Eileen’s
- If you want a traditional Italian bakery, we love Veniero’s Pastry in the East Village. 342 E. 11th Street between 1st and 2nd Avenue.
- Ganache filling sandwiched between two macaroons? YES, PLEASE! Pay a visit to Ladureé. Grab a dozen in assorted flavors! 864 Madison Avenue between 70th and 71st
- Want to try something different? Check out the new cupcake ATM from Sprinkles Cupcakes in Midtown. That’s right, we said cupcake ATM. With 24/7 access this is the very definition of New York City. 780 Lexington Avenue between 60th and 61st
- Doughnuts are not just for breakfast anymore. You’ll find amazing doughnuts at Doughnut Plant. Our favorite is the peanut butter and strawberry jam square doughnut. If you’re feeling fruity, try the coconut lime. If you visit the Chelsea location don’t miss the gorgeous (and historic) Chelsea Hotel which is directly above Doughnut Plant. 220 W 23rd Street between 7th and 8th Avenue.
- Last but definitely not least, check out Little Pie Company on the West Side for the perfect slice of pie. From pecan to Mississippi mud, these pies are outrageous with perfect buttery crusts. 424 W 43rd Street between 9th and 10th Avenue.
You’re on vacation so live it up and don’t worry about the calories! You can always work them off by walking all over town or enjoying some of the great fitness opportunities the city has to offer. If you have any questions we can help you with, please feel free to contact our concierge team or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check availability and rates at the Library Hotel Collection’s New York City properties.
Our front desk staff would be happy to assist you planning your visit to any of these excellent places to fulfill your sweet tooth! Please let us know if you have any questions we can help you with! Please feel free to contact our concierge team at the Hotel Elysee, Library Hotel, Casablanca Hotel, or Hotel Giraffe!