Hotel Giraffe – Fact SheetPublished: January 19th, 2015
An urban oasis for business or leisure
Inspired by the architecture and design of the Art Modern period that has distinguished this vibrant NoMad neighborhood since the 1920’s and ’30’s, Hotel Giraffe embodies the graceful elegance, strength and beauty as well as the legendary kindness found in one of nature’s most beloved animals. Hotel Giraffe’s softly contemporary style, spacious guestrooms and suites as well as the Library Hotel Collection’s generous service make it an ideal New York City getaway for leisure and business travelers alike.
Experience a world of sophisticated style, unsurpassed comfort and gracious service. This 72-room property offers an abundance of value-added services and amenities including a lavish complimentary continental breakfast, evening wine and cheese reception and much more. Hotel Giraffe is both a hip and luxurious haven in the heart of one of Manhattan’s most trend-setting neighborhoods.
The neighborhood, also referred to as NoMad, is an enclave between midtown to the north and the Flatiron District to the south with stylish establishments serving a creative business community of architectural, internet and design firms, as well as advertising agencies. NoMad is also home to many top-rated eateries, including HotelGiraffe’s in-house restaurant, Bread & Tulips.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Hotel Giraffe’s Penthouse 1202 was transformed into Mr. Big’s Apartment during the 1st Sex and the City Movie.
- A wedding ceremony hosted at Hotel Giraffe was featured on the WEtv Reality Show “Marry Me in NYC.”
- Hotel Giraffe’s Rooftop Garden and Penthouse 1202 were transformed into a restaurant that appeared on the Showtime hit “Nurse Jackie.”
- Hotel Giraffe is located on the corner of Park Avenue South and 26thStreet, also known as Herman Melville Square – named for the area in which Melville lived from 1863 until his death in 1891.
- Every guestroom features Lynn Sherr’s Book, Tall Blondes: A Book about Giraffes.
- In 2000, architect Stephen B. Jacobs received both the Design Award of Honor from the Society of American Registered Architects and The Gold Key Award for Excellence in Hospitality Design from the International Hotel & Restaurant Show for his work on Hotel Giraffe.
- Hotel Giraffe’s owner, Henry Kallan, named the hotel after his favorite animal.
- Hotel Giraffe is neighbor to one of the most historical sites in New York City – The 69th Regiment Armory.
- Hotel Giraffe was welcomed into TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame after receiving a Certificate of Excellence for 5 years in a row.
- In 2018, Hotel Giraffe was named #7 Hotel in the US by TripAdvisor’s Traveler’s Choice Awards.
- Hotel Giraffe was recognized as the #1 Romantic Hotel in NYC by Business Insider in 2016
- Hotel Giraffe was featured in LL Cool J’s song I Wish (Remix).
The innovative and much acclaimed Library Hotel Collection now has seven properties in varying stages of development, including four Manhattan properties: the book-lovers paradise, the Library Hotel on 41st and Madison Avenue, the country French-Style Hotel Elysée on East 54th and Madison Avenue, the retro glamorous Hotel Giraffe on 26th and Park Avenue South, and the Moroccan-motif Casablanca Hotel on West 43rd Street, just off Broadway. The Library Hotel Collection’s European properties include Aria Hotel Budapest and Aria Hotel Prague, which are both designed to be the perfect duet of music and luxury. In spring 2018, the Library Hotel Collection will open Hotel X Toronto, Toronto’s first downtown urban resort, located on the shores of Lake Ontario on the Exhibition Place grounds.
Due to its “Service is Marketing” philosophy, the Library Hotel Collection accomplished something remarkable that no other hotel group has achieved before, with all four New York City hotels continuously ranked in TripAdvisor among the top 10 hotels in New York City, this amongst some 440 listed hotel properties. At one time, the four hotels were ranked in all top four spots in New York City. All four hotels have been awarded Certificates of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
Through the years, Library Hotel Collection properties have received some of the highest accolades from TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for guest experience, service, luxury, and romance. In 2017, Aria Hotel Budapest was named #1 Hotel in the World! Our hotels have also received high rankings and awards from Fodors, US News and World Report, TrustScore, the Global Review Index and many more.
For hi-resolution images please visit http://www.libraryhotelcollection.com/media_gallery.html