Keep Cool This Summer in NYCPublished: July 26th, 2018
Summer is here! And New York City is booming with everyone enjoying the long days and warm nights. From street cafes to sidewalk ice creams trucks, there are so many things to see and do. These warm temperatures we have been waiting for all winter long have finally arrived, and sometimes they just keep coming and just keep rising. On days where the heat can be a bit too extreme, like say your Mister Swirly ice cream seems to be hitting the pavement more than your taste buds, we have a few suggestions for you to enjoy and cool off:
- Chelsea Market – 75 9th Avenue – Come with an empty stomach and a full wallet. Chelsea Market is a great place to try A LOT of different food vendors all the while perusing through dozens of shops. Do not forget to check out the Artists and Flea towards the 10th Ave entrance, where you may find some amazing locally made jewelry or home goods.
- Lucky Strike – 670 W. 43rd St – A bowling alley from your childhood with an adult twist. Come and enjoy a game on the lanes while also indulging in the full bar (or bottle service, whichever floats your boat) as you dance the night away to the DJ.
- iPic Theater – 11 Fulton Street – Make sure to bring a sweater here. Movie theaters are always notoriously chilly! This one cranks up the NYC style by offering a full food and beverage menu served recliner side. Just sit back and enjoy the show.
- New York Public Library Stephen A. Schwarzman Building – 476 Fifth Avenue – With the NYPL just down the street, it needs to be on the list to either start or end your day for a quick pit stop before going back to Library Hotel. Check out some of the rare books or the gorgeous Rose Main Reading Room. No New York City visit is complete without a quick hello to Patience and Fortitude.
- Sail Off Into The Hudson – Shearwater is a 1929 luxury yacht which sails around the New York Harbor. You could either enjoy the high seas for a sunset sail or perhaps brunch on board is more your fancy. Any of these could be accommodated on Shearwater with some wind your sails. We can feel the cool breeze now.
Do not forget to book your stay at Library Hotel this summer with our Summer Nights at the Library offer. You’ll receive 15% off our best available rate along with a bottle of rosé. Now that is a true New York way to cool off for the summer!
See you soon!