Casablanca Hotel Times Square- Fact SheetPublished: July 2nd, 2014
Find Romantic Inspiration at the Hotel Inspired by the Romance of Casablanca, The Movie
Celebrated as one of the most popular boutique hotels in NYC, the Casablanca Hotel is a hidden gem, located just steps away from vibrant Times Square. The Casablanca Hotel Times Square was
inspired by the romance of the movie, “Casablanca.” An oasis of luminous Moroccan glamour and hospitality, The Casablanca Times Square is only out-shined by its talented and eager to please staff. The Casablanca Hotel Times Square is an intimate European-style family-owned boutique hotel in New York City’s most popular location where guests can escape from the hustle and bustle of the city and relax in front of a fireplace at Rick’s Café, the Casablanca Hotel’s warm and welcoming upstairs club room. Rick’s Café serves complimentary refreshments 24 hours a day, including deluxe continental breakfast each morning and wine & cheese receptions every evening from 5pm to 8pm. The hotel is also the home of Tony’s DiNapoli Restaurant. The hotel is situated in the heart of the new Times Square and New York City’s theater district and in the middle of Manhattan’s magical sightseeing attractions, boutiques, restaurants and nightclubs. We are adjacent to the Fashion District with easy access to the Jacob Javits Convention Center and Wall Street.
DID YOU KNOW?
- In 2018, Casablanca Hotel was named #11 Top Hotels in the US by TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Awards
- The Casablanca Hotel is a top ranked hotel in New York City by members of TripAdvisor and has been in the either the #1 spot or close, since as far back as 2006.
- In 2017, the Casablanca Hotel was #1 in the Top 100 Family Rated Hotels in the Mid Atlantic by Family Vacation Critic.
- The Casablanca Hotel is the closest hotel to the legendary New Year’s Eve Ball Drop.
- The name Casablanca was inspired by the movie “Casablanca”, which is the favorite film of the Library Hotel Collection’s owner, Henry Kallan. Like the hero in the movie, Victor Lazlo, Henry Kallan is originally from former Czechoslovakia.
- Long before this location opened as the Casablanca Hotel in 1996, the property was the Hotel Metropole, the first hotel in New York City that had running water in every room.
- The Hotel Metropole had a list of notable residents including Bat Masterson (a figure of the American Old West, U.S. Marshal, gambler, sports editor and columnist for the New York Morning Telegraph) and Nick Arnstein (an American businessman, professional gambler, con artist and husband of Fanny Brice, who was portrayed on the Broadway stage by Barbra Streisand in the musical Funny Girl).
- The Hotel Metropole later became the Hotel Rosoff. Rosoff’s Restaurant was a Times Square Landmark from 1899 to 1981.
- The hotel opened as the Casablanca in 1996 after being fully renovated by its new owner Henry Kallan with the help of interior designer Jorge Portero and his team at Artistic Design Associates.
- In 2016, Business Insider named the Casablanca Hotel #9 Most Romantic Hotel in NYC.
Complimentary amenities and services:
- 24-hour coffee, tea, cookies and fruit in Rick’s Cafe
- Continental breakfast buffet each morning
- Wine & cheese reception each evening from 5pm-8pm
- High-Speed Wireless Internet throughout the hotel
- Bottled water in room
- Nightly turndown service
- Book & movie library for guests’ use
- Passes to nearby New York Sports Club
- 3:00pm check-in time
- 12:00pm check-out time
The innovative and much acclaimed Library Hotel Collection now has seven properties in varying stages of development, including four Manhattan properties: the book-lovers paradise, the Library Hotel on 41st and Madison Avenue, the country French-Style Hotel Elysée on East 54th and Madison Avenue, the retro glamorous Hotel Giraffe on 26th and Park Avenue South, and the Moroccan-motif Casablanca Hotel on West 43rd Street, just off Broadway. The Library Hotel Collection’s European properties include Aria Hotel Budapest and Aria Hotel Prague, which are both designed to be the perfect duet of music and luxury. In spring 2018, the Library Hotel Collection will open Hotel X Toronto, Toronto’s first downtown urban resort, located on the shores of Lake Ontario on the Exhibition Place grounds.
Due to its “Service is Marketing” philosophy, the Library Hotel Collection accomplished something remarkable that no other hotel group has achieved before, with all four New York City hotels continuously ranked in TripAdvisor among the top 10 hotels in New York City, this amongst some 440 listed hotel properties. At one time, the four hotels were ranked in all top four spots in New York City. All four hotels have been awarded Certificates of Excellence from TripAdvisor. Through the years, Library Hotel Collection properties have received some of the highest accolades from TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards for guest experience, service, luxury, and romance. In 2017, Aria Hotel Budapest was named #1 Hotel in the World! Our hotels have also received high rankings and awards from Fodors, US News and World Report, TrustScore, the Global Review Index and many more.
For hi-resolution images please visit http://www.libraryhotelcollection.com/media_gallery.html