The ambiance of a country inn
At the Hotel Elysée, you will find the warmth and charm of a countryside inn right here in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. Like a private club or a luxury Bed and Breakfast, the Hotel Elysée offers its guests an experience which includes a personalized level of service and a wide array of complimentary amenities above and beyond the ordinary.
Built in the 1920’s, the Hotel Elysée is named for one of the finest French Restaurants of that era. Once the playground for the rich and famous, Hotel Elysée has been home to movie stars, artists, writers and intellectuals. Luxurious yet intimate, the Hotel Elysée is located on East 54th Street between Park and Madison Avenues. Among all hotels close to Central Park, Hotel Elysée is an oasis of luxury, elegance and calm in bustling Midtown Manhattan.
Situated on East 54th Street between Madison and Park Avenues, in an area often referred to as “The Gold Coast” of shopping, The Hotel Elysée is within walking distance of the world’s most sought after stores, many Midtown corporate headquarters, cultural landmarks and some of the most outstanding restaurants in New York, including our own world-renowned restaurant: The Monkey Bar.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Catering to the carriage trade since the 1920s, Hotel Elysée has played proud host to screen legends, athletes and artists including Ava Gardner, Marlon Brando, Sidney Poitier, Joe DiMaggio, Dame Margot Fonteyn and Tennessee Williams.
- Renovated in 1993 as one of the first boutique hotels in New York City.
- Hotel Elysée is one of last hotels in New York City to still have outside terraces.
- Our Presidential Suite still houses one of Vladimir Horowitz’s remaining pianos.
- Preferred location for many members of the U.S. Congress and European Heads of State, such as the late Vaclav Havel.
- Featured location for movies and television including multiple episodes of Sex and the City, MadMen, PS, Ghost Town and The Night Listener.
- Proud host to prominent players, coaches and press attending the US Open Tennis Championship.
- The world-famous Monkey Bar has a cocktail named The Elysée.
- Hotel Elysée was the recipient of the 2015 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award.
Complimentary amenities and services:
- High-Speed Wireless Internet
- Continental breakfast
- Refreshments in our Clubroom
- Wine & cheese receptions from 5pm-8pm
- Library with computer station
- Bottled water, turndown service
- Passes to a nearby heath club
- 3pm check-in time
- 1pm check-out time
The innovative and much acclaimed Library Hotel Collection now has seven properties in varying stages of development, including four Manhattan properties: the book-lovers paradise, the Library Hotel on 41st and Madison Avenue, the country French-Style Hotel Elysée on East 54th and Madison Avenue, the retro glamorous Hotel Giraffe on 26th and Park Avenue South, and the Moroccan-motif Casablanca Hotel on West 43rd Street, just off Broadway. The Library Hotel Collection also launched the Aria Hotel Prague in 2004, which was recently ranked the #1 hotel in the Czech Republic on TripAdvisor’s Travelers Choice Awards and The Aria Hotel Budapest in March of 2015 which is also currently holding the #1 spot on TripAdvisor for hotels in Budapest. We are very excited to announce the Hotel X Toronto which is slated to open in 2016.
Due to its “Service is Marketing” philosophy, the Library Hotel Collection accomplished something remarkable that no other hotel group has achieved before, with all four New York City hotels continuously ranked in TripAdvisor among the top 10 hotels in New York City, this amongst some 440 listed hotel properties. At one time, the four hotels were ranked in all top four spots in New York City. All four hotels were also awarded Certificates of Excellence from TripAdvisor, with the Casablanca Hotel winning three Travelers Choice Awards: One was for Best Service USA and twice for Top 25 Hotels in the USA. Library Collection Hotel properties have also received high rankings and awards from Fodors, US News and World Report, TrustScore, the Global Review Index and many more.